Friday, January 22, 2010

I want to buy a rabbit. Any tips on helping to give it the best life possible please ?

I will have the cage in my room, let it out for about 4 hours at night and walks in the garden in the day.





Can any one give me any help on giving it a great life?





Can Netherland dwarf rabbits be tame and freindly. Anyone got one ?





Thanks, Kitty. xI want to buy a rabbit. Any tips on helping to give it the best life possible please ?
I will be truthful, my Netherland Dwarf hates being held. He bites an awful lot and is rarely happy when I'm holding him. Other than that he is very fun to watch but avoids me when I go to stroke him...I spend hours a day with him but he hasn't changed much since I bought him. And I regret buying him for as much as I did, 拢30.





A wide number of rabbits do not show affection or love returned to their owners. There are still alot happy-go-lucky but it actually depends on the rabbit itself; it's own personality. If you want to check out my youtube account: LaBunkisks, I have a few videos of both of my rabbits including my Netherland Dwarf.





It sounds like you are prepared and ready to give the rabbit a great life yourself.


I'd also like to add, although I don't really want to, I have to agree with Scott. I've been looking at Abby's answers and it seems she's breeding every animal on the list which is, to me, unbeleivable. She has also been quite critical but that's just my opinion :).





Hope I helped, good luck with your new bun.I want to buy a rabbit. Any tips on helping to give it the best life possible please ?
Please check with your local humane society or rabbit rescue group before you ';buy'; a rabbit. They are wonderful pets and need knowledgeable owners. If you go to the animal rescue site today there is a great story about the adoption of a shelter rabbit.





The experts at the shelter or rescue group will help you select a delightful bunny. It will have been spayed or neutered, had a health check by a vet and both organizations will always be there for you if you have questions or problems and will give you excellent advice on housing, feeding, socializing, vet references, etc.
Don't put the cage in your room! It's gonna be ok for the rabbit but not for you, they are very smelly and litter a lot!


You should also know that they may be friendly and cute but when they reach adulthood they tend to be rather agressive - especially males.


Sorry if I dissapoint you but I used to have rabbits and they are a lot of trouble and you can get bored easily.
Rabbits should always be keep with another rabbit they are very socila animals. They need a large hutch or cage the bigger the better. They also need to be in a large run with shelter on grass everyday for as long as possible weather permitting. They need 3 vaccinations a year in UK every 6 months for myxo and once a year for VHD. Which are both kills. They need a good quality food pellets are best so they get a more balance diet. They also need fresh food daily and of course clean water. You should clean them out every day just the dirty and once a week the whole hutch or cage. They should also have hay every day. Timothy hay is best. Rabbits are prone to dental problems which could mean life long vet treatment every 4 to 6 weeks or so which can work out very expensive so you need to think about that. I have attated a couple of site on fresh food they like. Rabbits can make great pets but they don't like beening picked up they much perfer just being petted. They are not easy pet to look after and need alot of work. It is also important to have them neutered as when they reach sexual maturity they can become aggressive and it help prevents certain kind of cancer. All breeds of rabbit can be tame and friendly if handle and treat right. There are rescue centre full of rabbits looking for loving homes so well worth checking them out. As they have wonderful ones http://www.rabbit.org/care/veggies.html http://www.adoptarabbit.com/articles/pac鈥?/a>
Netherland dwarfs can be very friendly :) I had some sweeties.





As for the rest, that sounds great. Just make sure you don't feed too much. Keep her/him at a healthy weight and give it lots of love. Don't house him/her with other rabbits or any other animals. Keep her stress level down by putting her cage in a low traffic area of the home (your room should be the perfect place). Good luck, and thanks for doing your research ;)
hi there!!my first tip would be don't buy your rabbit from a pet shop buy it of a breeder so you know were it comes from and how tame it is!!


it will take about 3 weeks for your rabbit to settle in. I do not recommend a netherland as they are very crabbed and are hard to work with i had 3 for about a year and i sold them. They just wanted to attack ma all the time i could never tame them down!! i think you should get a lop or a lion head!! and try to litter train it just watch were it po's and then put your litter tray in that Corner buy a cat tray they are far cheaper it is true rabbits are smelly but the litter tray will help with the smell just clean it out everyday!1 and everything you have said is super!! p.s ooohhhh buy a doe not a buck a buck sprays its pee everywhere!








here is a video with me and my buck mini rex!








http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmTbgeEaE鈥?/a>
I think you should not put your rabbit in a cage cats and dogs dont have to be put in cages so why rabbits lol


My rabbit has a room to herself and she is litter trained.


I think our rabbit will be realy happy if you dont put her in a cage and play with her.
Get two mini rex or dutch they are sweet don't keep it in full sun light


put a blanket over the cage at night (thin) one more thing DO NOT buy tall skinny blueish green bags of food deadly no cedar or pine bedding
id never have a rabbit in my room they stink so bad.





and the girl above isnt a rabbit breeder she says that for every animal goats mice etc take a look at her answers she just says it to get 10 points pathetic
give it a lot of space to jump around in. dont feed it too much. change its food every month or so like switch it up from carrots to lettuce etc. change the water regularly

No comments:

Post a Comment