Friday, January 22, 2010

What can i use as rabbit litter?

Preferably something cost efficient and natural or recycled or easy to clean up.What can i use as rabbit litter?
I use recycled paper based Kitty litter for my bunnies.


Not only is it good for the environment, but it is safe for rabbits to use.


Clay based kitty litters are dusty and can be dangerous to your rabbit if injested.


Paper tends to be shredded pretty quickly with bunnies- but if you want to add some to their cage for fun then you can!


I definately recommend kitty litter over any other kind of litter.What can i use as rabbit litter?
You can use a lot of things for rabbit litter. Recycled paper, wood shavings, newspaper, etc.


Newspaper is free, but it requires cleaning the cage almost daily. Recycled paper is probably a little expensive. So, I always used wood shavings, like the kind for horses. A big bag at TSC or farm and fleet usually is under $10, plus, it only requires cleaning once a week or so. My mom used it as fertilizer on her garden when I cleaned my rabbit cages, so it is natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment