Friday, January 22, 2010

How much should i feed my bunny rabbit?

ok, my little polish bunny is developing a dewlap (which is a DQ in her breed) i need to feed her a little bit less. but how much less? right now i feed her 1/2 a cup a day. but someone told me that they feed their polish 1/4 a cup a day. would that be too little? are there any other ways that i could help her dewlap get smaller? like exercising her? how would i do that? if you have any ideas or anything, plz tell me.How much should i feed my bunny rabbit?
Tater Salad is right about the amount of pellets. I make sure that my rabbits always have a LOT of hay to munch on because I sometimes feel like 1/4 cup of pellets is too little. I also give them some baby carrots.





As far as exercising rabbits, I know some people put their bunnies on a leash and walk them. Mine never liked that. I've heard that you should let them out of the cage for 2 hours a day. When I let mine out, they run around and play on their own, and I don't need to do anything to make them exercise. You can try give them toys to play with. My rabbits love running up and downstairs, or running through a tunnel. Take a cardboard box that's bigger than the rabbit, and cut holes in both ends so they can run through it. Simple, cheap, and they love it!How much should i feed my bunny rabbit?
To give her more exercise I would suggest a bigger cage - the absolute biggest you possibly can. Then give her plenty of furniture and toys - such as old phone books or newspapers to shred, a box to dig in, tunnels to run through, a shelf or box to jump on, small boxes and tubes to throw around etc.





Rabbits should also get time out every day to exercise and explore - eg in a safe outdoor run (supervised) or in a safe room indoors.
1/4 to 1/8 cup of plain high quality pellets is best, depending on her age and size.





You should limit pellets and free feed grass hay, and then feed a cup of veggies daily. But lots of out of cage exercise is good too. Helps her burn calories.





Read over http://www.rabbit.org/
Polish should be fed around 1/4 to a 1/3 of a cup of pellets daily.
I feed ours i time a day about 1/2 cup of pellets mixed with old fashioned oats. she loves the oats

No comments:

Post a Comment