Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is rabbit good to eat? Do you buy it at the pet store?

And do you cook it like Elmer Fudd does, in a big pot over a fire?Is rabbit good to eat? Do you buy it at the pet store?
It is possible, But I wouldn't do that. I raised rabbits when I was younger so I would not have the heart to eat them.





I heard some people in other countries eat Mr. Edd as well. :(Is rabbit good to eat? Do you buy it at the pet store?
Rabbit is good to eat, but should be bought from a butcher shop or professional meat market where the meat is inspected for parasites. Wild game should also be inspected, and the ';gamey'; taste can be removed by first soaking the meat in buttermilk or red wine before cooking.





You should only cook it like Elmer Fudd if you're going to eat it like Yosemite Sam! ;-)
If you wanted to kill the rabbit yourself, I suppose you could buy a pet, if that is the only place to get one.


Grab a gun and go hunting along the fences if you have a license and if season is in. You may run into Bugs.


When I fry rabbit, I roll the cut pieces in flour after salting and pepper. Have about an inch of oil hot in a pan and fry the bunny until brown, kinda like chicken. It is really a good meat.
The good thing about pet store rabbits is that they have a much higher fat content than wild rabbits. Therefore, they are much more tender and juicy!


The big pot method is one of my favorite ways to cook them, too! The thing is, you have to make them think that it is a hot bath and then you can cut some carrots and potatoes and throw them in the water while the rabbit is relaxing!
I used to shoot wild rabbits. They taste nice. Killing a rabbit is no different to killing a chicken or a cow so there is nothing morally wrong although the ones from the pet store are poorly fed sometimes with chemical supplements so if i were you I wouldn't try it.
Yes it is good to eat.


No, was that a serious question?


Yes, stewing or casseroling is the way to go, with onions, carrots and bacon.
I know that it can be bought in some of the meat stores that cater to the Italian community. I've never eaten it, though.
Go hunt a rabbit or buy it from a butcher. Hunting one would be a good experience. I suppose you could buy one from the pet store, but people wouldn't like it.
It`s quite tasty: you either love it or you hate it. We had a lot of rabbit stew when I was a kid (the war years!)





Year`s ago Rabbit was eaten at least once a week - simply be
It is good to eat. It tastes like chicken but much more tender. You can buy it at grocery stores.
Um...gross!


I dono. I think I've seen it hung up next to the duck in chinese markets(equally gross).





Check the ethnic ';foods'; store.
Naw Rabbit ain't good for you...you Should start Eatin People doe..Now Thats good for you Stuff..I Never Tired it..But you Should
Some restaurants have it in their menu, specially Spanish restaurants.
no you dont by domesticated rabits you buy them from a butcher or supermarket
Troll

No comments:

Post a Comment