Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Is it safe for my rabbit to chew/eat cardboard?

my rabbit has a fascination with a cardboard box in my room......is it safe to eat it?????Is it safe for my rabbit to chew/eat cardboard?
I had a rabbit for 9 long years and she loved cardboard. I wouln't advise letting your pet consume cardboard on a regular basis obviously, but if theyre playing around and chew it, it won't hurt them..Is it safe for my rabbit to chew/eat cardboard?
I wouldn`t generally say that is bad for the rabbit, but it definatley won`t help or give it nutrition. If possible you should either move the rabbit away from the cardboard or the cardboard from the rabbit
Chewing is different from eating. Chewing will be fine since he will only consume a little bit, if not nothing. But if you see him munching on constantly and swallowing it, I woukd suggest taking it out.
yes it will do more good than harm as rabbits have to constantly chew to keep there teeth healthy and stop them from getting misaligned
yeah, i asked my vet and he said that it is like fiber and it won't hurt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment