Friday, January 22, 2010

My rabbit was just bitten by a tic will it harm it in any way?

Today my little brother just found a tic under its neck but we had taken it off and when we did it left a bump under its neck and I am very worried about my rabbit will it die? please I really need to Know.My rabbit was just bitten by a tic will it harm it in any way?
I would give your vet a call and see what they think. Did you check the tick after you removed it? ALWAYS check a tick to make sure it's head is still attached after you remove it from any animal (including yourself!). If the head breaks off and remains under the skin, it can cause infection.





If you can't figure out if the head is still in your rabbit, then you might have to have the vet check them out.





Don't worry too much though. Lots of animals, including rabbits, get multiple tick bites every year, and are just fine!





Good luck!My rabbit was just bitten by a tic will it harm it in any way?
Maybe the head of the tick is still in your pet, biting away. Maybe it will die of lime disease. You should run to the veterinarian to check it out. Pet insurance is $15-$18 per month; so that if the veterinarian is too expensive, then you can try that route if the vet gives you a price that you cannot afford.
You'll need to have the tick checked for any diseases. Remove the tick and bring it to your MNR office. You can google how to remove ticks.
You might have left a bit of the tic (hence the bump).


Call the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment