Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can i get a miniature schnauzer if i already have a rabbit?

will they try and eat my rabbit,





and also, are they a good type of dog to getCan i get a miniature schnauzer if i already have a rabbit?
Schnauzers are great, if you are willing to put the required time into training and grooming. Of course you can get one if you have a rabbit already - just never leave the two animals alone together!Can i get a miniature schnauzer if i already have a rabbit?
I love my mini schnauz, but I'd never get one again.





My guy gets along with my cats just fine, but he does wrestle with them. Since a rabbit can't really fight back.. I don't know how well that would work esp unsupervised.





They are typical terriers, and terriers are hard dogs. They have alot of energy, are very, very smart, and tend to be hyper-focused. They do require quite a bit of grooming, and a lot of training.





My guy is all attitude, and is really a wonderful dog - but he knows how to work me, and I'm constantly disapointed in our training. He's just too smart, and he knows what and when he can get away with something.



Miniature Schnauzers were bred to be ratters. No guarantee that he won't go after the rabbit. You could still get one, but don't expect them to be buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment