Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Re-introducing my female rabbit to her sister?

I recently acquired two female rabbits (have had them sexed by the vet), they are sisters so were quite happy in each other company.


After a few weeks one of the females gave birth to a litter of 4 kits (obviously she had been previously housed with a male), so I removed the female who hadn't given birth and let the mother rabbit care for her kits in peace.


The babies are now 3 weeks old, and I was wondering if and when I can re-introduce the other female rabbit back i with her sister and her babies?Re-introducing my female rabbit to her sister?
usually rabbits can be re-intoduced after like 2 months, i really never put the sisters we bought back together after we started breeding them. they are fine being caged next to each other, where you might want to watch for signs of hostility, if they would trust eachother... it's fun to watch the kits grow up, and that is the best time to handle them, so they get used to you, and don't want to hurt you every time you handle them.

No comments:

Post a Comment