Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My rabbit developed a cataract overnight. Anyone else had experience of this?

My vet has just confirmed as I suspected that my rabbit has a cataract in its eye. This in itself is not unusual, but the fact that it appeared full blown one day is very rare. My vet said she had never seen one that didn't develop gradually.


We interact with our rabbit every day, and we like to watch her playing in her run, so I am sure that this condition is not one that has gone undetected due to neglect or inattentiveness.


I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else.My rabbit developed a cataract overnight. Anyone else had experience of this?
I have a dog that had a cataract We had to get her eye removed by a vet. Just be very careful with it and watch how it acts you should get it checked really soon. My dog would run into things and and bight at me, so it changes there behavior for a while so be careful it could bight you or scratch you because it is unsure. Just be sure to get a check up and see if anything drastic has changed it might have to be removed if it gets any worse.My rabbit developed a cataract overnight. Anyone else had experience of this?
Yes we have had this happen but it was not a cataract it happened during molt. it turned out to be hair in her eye that irratated it . we cleaned it and she has been fine ever


since.
  • cover girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment