Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rabbit recipes and how to cook rabbit? (serious question)?

I'm on my year abroad in spain and I've noticed in the supermarkets they sell a lot of packaged rabbit meat. Anyway I'm going home in two weeks but I really want to try rabbit before I go because I never have. However, I'm always wary about cooking meat I've never cooked before. I don't have an oven in my flat, just a hob so I'd need to fry it. Can anyone suggest cooking times and recipes for rabbit?Rabbit recipes and how to cook rabbit? (serious question)?
My favourite way is to make a stew, braise, or ragout with it, like the Italians.





here are a couple:


http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v鈥?/a>





http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v鈥?/a>





http://www.recipezaar.com/265667Rabbit recipes and how to cook rabbit? (serious question)?
Cut the rabbit into pieces dredge in flour and saute until golden, reduce heat add about 1 cup hot chicken stock, add onion celery, carrot, bay leaf, black pepper. Cover let the vegetables stew and become limp, around 30 minutes. Remove vegetables and discard, add fennel pieces cover and let fennel steam for about 10 minutes. Remove cover and turn heat to med high. let fennel get some color add salt to taste, remove pan from heat and add 2-3 ounces of Sambuca, return to heat and let reduce by 1/2. you may also light the Sambuca to burn off the alcohol quickly. Check seasoning and adjust to taste.


Have fun...
I love rabbit it's very lean and it tends to be dry.In the island of Crete they have a very simple way of cooking it but very delicious.You don't need an oven just a hob as you call it.


Cut rabbit in small peaces .Wash and let strain.


In a pot add olive oil and slowly saute meat until nice and golden.Add garlic salt and pepper and cook for few min.


Deglaze with 1 cup white wine and 1 lemon the juice.


Ad water to cover meat and let it cook slowly till rabbit is cooked 30 to 45 min.


You can have rise or home Fry's and a wonderfull Greek salad with feta and oregano.


This a traditional Summer meal in the island of Crete were i love to spend summers !


http://www.hummingbirdpublications.com The glorious Taste of Greece
Anthony Bourdain had rabbit on his show last night.聽 He has some rabbit that was cooked in it's own blood. It was called something like juggered rabbit.聽 It looked awesome.聽





Here is a link to 47 rabbit recipes. Hope you find something you like.
Try checking out www.recipezaar.com, I know for certain there are several recipes for bear on that site, I'm sure they probably have rabbit as well.





EDIT: I just searched it for you, there are even some spanish recipes for rabbit on there. Here you go: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?fo鈥?/a>
http://www.showbunny.com/recipes_using_r鈥?/a>





here is a site with lots of rabbit recipes......below is how my mom has made hers for years and I still make mine this way





cut your rabbit is pieces (the web sit above explains how to) then dredge your pieces in flour......place in hot oil in a skillet and just brown lightly (do not cook through) then place in a large casserole dish.......get some Lipton Onion Soup mix and follow the directions on the side for gravy (water amounts do not cook) add the gravy mix to the water and mix well....pour over the rabbit, cover and bake 350 degrees for approximately one hour.....remove and serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.....it makes it own gravy and will be nice and tender....
Your best bet is to ask the locals how they cook it. I've just sliced it thin, breaded it and fried it with some spices. It's really good that way.
I cut it up and make boneless hot wings


with beer and football its better then the worse sex i have ever had (and we all know that sex is like pizza even the worsr you have ever had is still rather good)
A rabbit is sooooo cuddly. Why would one want to kill and eat it ?
rabbit is unclean...why would they sell that in a store!! ick!!
ewwww why r u doing that ew thats cruel

No comments:

Post a Comment