Monday, January 18, 2010

I hit a rabbit on my way to school last night. have any of you ever felt really bad driving over an animal?

i tried to get the rabbit to go in between my tires but i was drivin about 60 mph, and it's hard to control the car when it's going fast. once i heard the loud bump and saw the corpse in my rear view mirror i started to feel kinda bad.I hit a rabbit on my way to school last night. have any of you ever felt really bad driving over an animal?
You had 2 choices to make...


1. Swerve out of the way of the rabbit at 60mph %26amp; possibly get yourself hurt or killed but saved the rabbit OR


2. Only hope not to hit the rabbit but save yourself from everything xcept guilt.


I believe you made the right decision.


It happens all the time, that's why they call it ';Road kill';.


Say a prayer %26amp; 4give yourself.I hit a rabbit on my way to school last night. have any of you ever felt really bad driving over an animal?
Last winter me and my pal went to Tennesee for the weekend and I hit a black bear. It was about two in the morning and we were on our way back to the campground when it happened. That dang thing got so tangled up under my truck we couldn't pull him out. I had a chainsaw in the truck (so we could cut firewood) so I pulled it out, cranked it up and started cutting. Man what a mess!! We managed to get it out and loaded up the carcass in the back of the truck for fear it was against some sort of law. You should have seen the look on that old mans face when we walked into the campground showers, covered in blood and holding a dripping chainsaw. He took off running, so we cleaned off really quick, threw the tent into the truck and split. Somewhere in north Alabama we stopped at a Waffle House, ate breakfast and tossed the head of that bear into the dumpster. I would have loved to stick around to see the look on the person who threw something in that dumpster that morning!


Maybe you should read my 360 blogs -- I have several sad adventures of this caliber posted there.
nice to know you care,but things do happen you will forget better to save the car than the rabbit i once was speeding kinda fast a bird flew right into the grill of my truck i pulled over it wasnt a pretty site but whatever! feel better?
I hit a cat the same way. The bad thing about that was my children were with me when I did it and you talk about feeling low. Boy, did I!
yes i felt bad and then i got over it
maybe this is a lesson of just how difficult it is to drive at speed. what if it was a person, then what? have a look at doing a course in how to handle your car/motorbike in emergency situations, it might just save someone's life, maybe even yours.
alright aslong as its not on purpose (i know it's an accident)
. I'd prefer not to hit a rabbit or anything else,but you can't undo it, and you'd better get focused back on driving.
I hit a cat a year ago. I felt bad but as time goes on you forget about it and move on.
Yes, we all feel badly. Just remember, it was not your fault.
are yew kiddin me?!! y were yew goin so fast!!!!!! yew should feel rly bad %26amp; pray someone doesnt run over yew! lol
Yes, I hit a raccoon once and there was nothing I could do to avoid it. I was upset for most of the night. It's ok and normal to feel bad in that situation. But it sounds like it was quick so the rabbit did not suffer.





Feeling compassion makes us more human and better people.
Bro... think about it.. it just a freakin rabbit.. who cares?? When an tiger kills a guy.. u think it cares about how the human feels??? its a dog eat dog world out there
I don't drive, but I know what you mean. I always feel bad when I see any animal lying dead by the side of the road, especially a dog or cat, because that animal was once somebody's beloved pet.
if it's between me hitting the animal or me wrecking from swerving to miss hitting the animal sorry but the animal is going to get hit

No comments:

Post a Comment