Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I got a lop rabbit about a year ago and I can't figure out her breed?

Height- 5.30-6in.


Weight- around 4 lbs.


Medium to short floppy ears


Not a woolie or a lionhead or a fuzzy.


Any Ideas?I got a lop rabbit about a year ago and I can't figure out her breed?
If she's around 4 pounds, she's probably a Holland Lop.





And, wow. The best way to tell your rabbit's breed is NOT by color, especially not in lops which can come in more than a dozen different colors.





If you need a picture guide, check out http://www.arba.net/Breeds.htm Keep in mind the animals pictured there are near ideal, and your rabbit may not look exactly like them.





But a four pound lop is almost guaranteed to be a Holland Lop.I got a lop rabbit about a year ago and I can't figure out her breed?
There are different types of lops. I had a French lop and a Holland lop. The best way to tell the type is by color. The French lop was mostly dark brown while the Holland lop was apricot and grey. I'd highly recommend that you go to the House Rabbit Society website : http://www.rabbit.org/


Browse through their bunny photos and see if you can find one that looks like yours. If not I'll bet if you took a photo of your bunny and emailed it to them they could tell you exactly what you want to know. Their site is a WONDERFUL resource for any bunny owner! It is chock full of very useful information! Best of luck
She is a standard 'Dwarf Lop'.


Dont be fooled by the term 'dwarf', they can get a LOT bigger than people would believe.
A lop rabbit IS a breed.
  • makeup advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment