Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Will using a resume posting company such as Resume Rabbit really help you get more job interviews, etc.?

Is it worth my spending the money?Will using a resume posting company such as Resume Rabbit really help you get more job interviews, etc.?
As a Corporate Recruiter my answer is ';NO';. I receive many resumes from similar services and it seems the resumes are simply sent to recruiters for random positions nothing of which we would be hiring.


I would say save your money !


Best of Luck

1 comment:

  1. Shenika,

    I would have to disagree with your assessment of ResumeRabbit.com. Its possible by your comments that you aren't really clear on what Resume Rabbit does.

    ResumeRabbit.com will post a jobseekers resume to about 90 job sites. They do not email or distribute resumes directly to recruiters, so the resumes you receive from similar services may not be so similar. There are many services that will email your resume to recruiters for a fee. Perhaps you're thinking of that kind of service.

    I used resumerabbit.com with great success. I spend 59 bucks, and my resume was posted on 86 sites. It took me about 10 minutes to fill out thier form and my resume was on all those sites within an hour. If I had to fill out all those forms or even find those sites it would have taken me tons of time. I think my time is worth something. I probably saved 40 to 50 hours and felt like if an employer was searching a job board, no matter which one, I had a good chance of being found. I did get lots of inquiries on my resume and ultimately a job through it. But even if I didn't, I'd still say it was worth it. They can't control the job market or guarantee that someone likes my resume, but they can certainly get it out to lots of job boards so that if someone is searching a particular job board for someone like me, they'd find me. So, for what it's worth, as a formerly unemployed person, if someone asked me is it worth the 60 bucks, my answer is yes.

    ReplyDelete