Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Where would I put the timothy hay in my rabbit's cage?

Do I scatter it on the floor, or do I put it in a seperate bowl? I'm so confused, please help!Where would I put the timothy hay in my rabbit's cage?
you can buy hay racks if you want to keep it out of the way. its a good idea to put it on the floor in the corner so your rabbi can make a nest out of it and eat it


hope this helpsWhere would I put the timothy hay in my rabbit's cage?
If your rabbit is anything like mine, it will just scatter the hay around the cage regardless of how you put it in there. I even bought a hay feeder when I first got my bunny, and he took it off of the side of cage and emptied it so he could spread it all over the floor. Just put it in a loose clump and it will spread it out to it's liking. My bunny has 3 floors and his second floor looks like a yard of grass aka a plot of timothy hay lol. Hope this helps!
i put it in a corner of my guinea pigs cage so you could do that or get a hay wheel or a hay rack. hay wheels are good cuz they keep the mess off the floor but its hard to get the hay in sometimes. like i said i just put mine in the corner of the cage. lol there r no rules to where to put it. its up to u!
I put the hay on one side of the litterbox (get a small one to keep in the cage) so that encourages them to use the box and keeps it from getting spread out all over the floor.
just put it in a bowl because if you put the timothy on the floor they will step on it or even lay on it. I have the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment