Friday, May 14, 2010

Thanks for the help guys my rabbit had her babies. But how can I tell to see how many babies she had?

I heard that your suppose to wait two weeks before touching them. when the babies are first born when there asleep can you tell if their still breathing? please help!Thanks for the help guys my rabbit had her babies. But how can I tell to see how many babies she had?
pet the mother first so you have her smell on yourhand then make sure the mom wont charge you and you can just move the fur and stuff in th nest so you can see.... you should do this to check on them every once in a while to make sure they are all moving aroundThanks for the help guys my rabbit had her babies. But how can I tell to see how many babies she had?
don't worry about waiting i touch all my baby rabbits ( 3-5 litters year) from the time they are born/
It really depends on the mom, but you're probably much better safe than sorry at this point. I know it's sooo hard to be patient, but (especially if she's a firt-time mom) then I definitely reccomend leaving them all alone for at least one week, maybe two. After that, their bond will have had a lot of time to grow and you very gently touching her babies shouldn't bother her too much.





Good luck with the babies!
best thing is leave them alone for a few days. let the mom calm down after all the stress she just went thru. then make sure your hands dont smell like any lotion or soap or anything. rub them in her bedding then you can handle them. it makes your hands smell just like the bedding so mom should be fine with it all. don't handle them much until they get older though. good luck !!
pet the mom first to get her smell on your hands then move your hand around in the fur bedding they will move when you touch them if one doesn't then bring that one out to see if it still alive. check on them they day there born then every day after that until there big enough to venture out of the box. If you Waite 2 weeks you might not like what you find. Because some times they get squashed my the mother when she goes to feed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment