Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How can I get my T.V. ';that has no cable hkup'; to get better reception, besides rabbit ears? Any techniques?

I only get a couple channels that come in decent, but I used to be able to get FOX channel 6 clear enough to watch it, but now It doesn't come in at all. I have a crappy antenna, and I was just curious if there were any techniques that might help, for example, maybe speaker wire? And is there any particular type wire or metal that would help in picking up a signal better than another?How can I get my T.V. ';that has no cable hkup'; to get better reception, besides rabbit ears? Any techniques?
I've used solder from time to time, works quite well as it's basically bare wire. You can get a whole roll for fairly cheap so you can make a pretty long antenna. Just run it around the ceiling or so and you most likely wouldn't even notice it.How can I get my T.V. ';that has no cable hkup'; to get better reception, besides rabbit ears? Any techniques?
Simple answer is get a better antenna. There are indoor and outdoor antennas now that do a good job. The amount of signals you get and signal strength depends on where you live and how close you are to TV towers. Terk indoor antennas work well if you live 45 miles from a tower or closer.
I leave in japan and I use to have the same problem.


like no channels to see since I am not Japanese I don't find the channels on the ordinary TV very amusing. then friend told me about great thing like lots of Chanel's with one fee and you got about 3000 channels isn't that great I thought and I have downloaded the sate lite TV for PC and its working great if you want to download it you can do it from here http://sratim.ipodpsp.hop.clickbank.net/





BUT if you insist not to pay and want to see the channels on your TV set and not on your PC you need to check the contacts between the antenna cable and the TV there are two wires they should not touch each other if they do it is ruin the transmissions after you checked the contacts and you still can not receive any other channels go to the nearest electric shop and buy long two wires about 10 meters long one edge of each wire connect to the antenna wires now you have long wire going out from your TV set . if it is your one single house climb to the roof and pull the wire connect it in the higher place you can that should do the Job if you leave in flat drop the wires out side the window but don`t disturb the neighbors window they might wont like it. Good luck





PS the main idea is exposing the wires to much space as possible were they increase the possibility of bumping into TV waves that being transmitting from the local TV transmitter.
If the signal is not there you cant do much about it,you need a better antenna.


Even if you use a low noise figure preamp and the signal is noisy the preamp will only amplify the noise{snow]


Try low loss two wire flat cable[50 feet] move your antenna around the house .


Try different areas you may get lucky. Good luck!
well you could do 2 things. buy a better antenna maybe an amplified one(the one you plug in). or buy a new tv. i dont know if you live in the states but if you do then you will need a new tv in 2 years any way cause your tv wont pick any channels in january o9, thats probably why your not getting the reception you used to all the stations are going digital now.or you could just wait til you get no channels then go get a new tv .
  • cover girl
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment