Saturday, January 16, 2010

My baby rabbit is 3 weeks and a couple days old, and I do not think mom is feeding the baby any longer?

Is it too early to start himon regular food and why would mom stop feeding him? He has gotten a little thin...any help would be great!!My baby rabbit is 3 weeks and a couple days old, and I do not think mom is feeding the baby any longer?
You tell your mom that she better look after her pets and feed them properlyMy baby rabbit is 3 weeks and a couple days old, and I do not think mom is feeding the baby any longer?
At 3 weeks rabbit kits begin to nibble on pellets and hay. They will also begin to drink water. By 4 weeks most kits are eating more pellets than mother's milk.


You can add a little oatmeal(regular old fashioned, not instant) to his pellets to get him eating. Kits should have pellets and hay available at all times.


I would leave him with his mother and keep an eye on him.
I don't know the exact time frames but I tried to take care of a baby rabbit I found whose mom wasn't around. I searched the web and called some vets. I fed it pedialyte drop by drop. I was up all night with It, but it died in spite of all I tried to do. They are incredibly fragile. Mine was probably only a few days old though. It's eyes weren't even open. It might be ok at 3 weeks but call an expert right away to make sure.





Also, ABSOLUTELY do not feed the bunny anything these people are telling you. That was the first thing I found out. The wrong food will cause diarreah which kills them almost 100% of the time. DON'T, DON'T, DON'T feed it until you know what to feed. I know that 5-6 drops of pedialyte is ok b/c a vet told me to do that. I also found vetrinary websites and got live assistance from a vet online.
I have 4 baby bunnies age 2 weeks and 4 days old mum has stopped feeding them they are all eating on their own give them grass mix not pellets as they can't digest pellets I also give them green grass they have always got hay in their hutch which I see them eat they are very healthy. I have slowly introduced vegies as well.
Ok, all you have to do is simple. Put the wittle rabbit in your arms while feeding. Give it warm milk, but not too too warm! Get one of those sucking things for babies medicine and give it to the baby rabbit. Give it a kiss for me!
i think by three weeks this little bunny is old enough to nibble on some food though I've never had a rabbit but i did use to have guinea pigs the mother kept giving birth and they usually eat pellets quite quickly maybe your baby bunny wants to be a big bunny %26lt; 333
try feeding it kitten milk. my friend did that with rabbits she found they lived. its powder and you mix it with water and put it in a bottle!
They are old enough to eat real food and don't


real need to eat from mom. Put in more pellets.
cuz hes old enough not too be on his mothers milk. give him a little less kitten milk each day, with a little more pellets, (NO VEGGIES) and eventually give him all pellets.
did you do any thing that coulda interfered with them? She mite not like the human scent. Take it to the vet for advice.
try feeding it yourself, even if its with milk or little bits of food at a time, just make sure its getting nurishment

No comments:

Post a Comment