Monday, January 18, 2010

Where Can I Buy Rabbit Meat In Orlando, FL?

I have no clue where i can get it from, And I don't wan't to kill a rabbit myself.Where Can I Buy Rabbit Meat In Orlando, FL?
Check out your local grocery store. Some grocery stores carry it. It will cost about $5 per pound and is USDA inspected. Most butcher size rabbits will weigh 3 pounds when dressed so you are talking about $15 for a USDA inspected rabbit at a local grocery store. If you buy the rabbit directly off of a rabbit breeder you will probably pay about $6-$7 for a butchered rabbit (about half the in-store price). Or you could ask some local rabbit breeders around your area. You might also contact the ARBA at http://www.arba.net I know they provide a list of places in their Domestic Rabbits magazine of rabbit butchering locations along with normally the price per pound that the different places pay.





From what I understand, rabbit meat is supposed to be really good for you. It has 4 times the protein of pork. The fat isn't intermixed with the meat like with pork and other meats. All of the fat is directly under the hide and in the gut portion, so no fat. All of it is cut away. It is also one of the most easily digestable meats. And rabbit meat is very low in cholesterol. I've heard that many doctors recommend elderly patients to eat rabbit meat.Where Can I Buy Rabbit Meat In Orlando, FL?
Check out the following website:





http://www.parkavecds.com/ADs/dani/
in the freezer section at the grocery store
If you're into trying different exotic meats,


I'm in the central florida area,


and wouldn't mind giving you some new things to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment